Everyone, males or females, want to have fuller and thicker eyebrows. However, people tend to forget that to achieve those, regular maintenance is needed. Taking care of them would make them lusher even if you were not born with good and healthy eyelashes.
Although the most efficient way to achieve this is to avail an eyelash extension service like the Eyelash Extensions San Diego, there are still natural remedies and DIY maintenance that you can try at home.
Before we proceed with the tips and tricks, let us find out the reason why your eyelashes are falling out.
According to Dr. Tsippora Shainhouse, MD, FAAD, there are a few reasons why your eyelashes are short or often fall off. One of which, she mentioned, was “… due to products like a mascara or medicated eye drops that may dry out the hair or cause the lashes to break mid-shaft.”
So How to Grow Your Eyelashes Long and Strong?
If there are a few reasons for unhealthy eyelashes, there are numerous ways for lashes growth
- Use essential oils
Oils can be used by rubbing them on your eyelashes and the skin beneath them. Make sure that you get to rub them on the roots of your eyelashes. You may use a clean mascara brush for application.
- Olive oils – natural olive oils are rich in fatty acids essential for moisturizing your eyelashes.
- Petroleum products like Vaseline – these products act as a shield that locks natural moisture of your eyelashes, preventing them from drying out. Not all petroleum jellies are safe to use especially coming from unregulated markets. Make sure to use proven and trusted petroleum brands.
- Coconut oils – coconut oils are known for strengthening and thickening any type of hair. Try putting this oil on your lashes around five to eight minutes, every day in two to three weeks.
- Castor oils – aside from other essential oils, castor is the most famous and prominent oil for hair thickening and growing. After the application, you can leave it overnight. For better results, do it every night in two weeks.
- Lemon peel oils – recent studies found out that lemon oil can help treatments of eyelash mites and induces hair growth in rabbits. This may also be done in your hair.
2.Comb your lashes
This is, by far, the most basic way of maintaining your lashes and is recommended by a lot of experts and beauticians. Brushing your lashes is a great way to promote growth, and is effective to make lashes appear longer.
3.Apply green tea
Green tea has many antioxidants and is known to boost your general health. It may help your body eliminate toxins that may cause skin imperfections and promote hair growth. To use it on your lashes, apply a cold-down tea on your lash line.
This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that can prevent oxidative damage that may cause hair to fall. It also contains tocotrienol compounds that may help induce the growth of new hair.
5.Massage the skin in your lashes
Massaging helps good blood circulation. Regular massage even without oil may improve hair growth and increases the chance of hair thickening.